Thursday, June 26, 2008

Random Project Concept Sketches

Heres a random selection of drawings that I did for my final assignment.

This is the drawing that I went with mainly because I like the silhouette. So far its a work in progress.



Other concept drawings for the project but didn't like them in the end.




I really wanted to do this one mainly because Kung Fu panda was such an awesome movie I wanted to do a piece involving pandas doing kung fu. But I just couldn't get a good silhouette and action pose. ( Need to watch more kung fu movies for research.)



6 comments:

KiJeon Nam said...

Hey, Eric,

That drawing (painting?) at the very top of this post looks really nice. The characters seem full of action. Was that the final drawing?

And cool kung-fu pandas, though they don't look as lively as the characters in the drawing I pointed out... I don't know if one of the pandas was supposed to be the Kung Fu Panda character, but you should pit your panda against that panda if it isn't. =P

EricWu said...

Ki,

The drawing at the top is still a work in progress. Still figuring out the right colors.
I tried so hard to make the panda one lively but it just didn't work.

Anyways thanks for the comment!.

Anonymous said...

So those pandas have 4 arms or something?

Carrie Liao said...

I actually rather like the discarded concept (the angled one with the robot) but I think I am just a fan of more dramatic angles. nice job so far :D

I am curious about the extra arms as well...if that's what they are...

EricWu said...

Carrie
Ya i suppose the 4 arms can be confusing. I was trying to make it look like a smaller robot was fighting the bigger one. So I added 2 arms to make it more robot like.

corinne said...

the top one is looking good so far, i know its still a rough but i still like the loose way you painted it :) . i agree that the four arms is a bit confusing... maybe you can try adding something else to show hes a robot? like an antenna or something?